Search This Blog

Friday, October 1, 2010

Hindus & Muslims won't fight for long !!!!


The world may be but an Indian wouldn’t be surprised at the movement of police forces across the nation on the occasion of Ayodhya verdict. Why? Because he’s seen the blood profusely flowing in communal riots time and again. And when I say “communal riots” it means the conflict between the Hindus and the Muslims.
Let’s have a look at the proportion of these religions in Indian population(see the adjacent chart)
HINDU(80%) MUSLIM(13%) CHRISTIAN(2%) and SIKH(2%) , Buddhists+Jains+Others(3%)
 If we look at the proportions we can easily see that we have over 6 Hindus for 1 Muslim.
And naturally the majority of people with authority(Police officers, Ministers, etc) are Hindus. Had it been some other nation chances were that the majority would have engulfed the minority and there would have no question of conflicts. But thank GOD this is INDIA, where 80 crores Hindus would gladly crown a Muslim President, where Bollywood is ruled by the Khans and where people of any religion  can live without any fear of communal slaughter. I am proud to be an INDIAN. I am proud to be a Hindu.
Why do we have communal riots?
You must have seen the clips of riots on your TV. Didn’t you notice the kind of people involved? I am sure you won’t find a Doctor, an Engineer and other such people in the crowd. They are mostly poor, unemployed and functionally illiterate people. These people just act as a fuel in the fire of communal riot. Such people are easily provoked by the miscreants and are ready to slaughter in name of religion.
I can come up with 100 reasons as to why communal riots happen in India, but I just want to state the reason which I think is the most prominent of all the reasons. And that is our upbringing. I remember how I was told not to make Muslim friends and countless reasons were cited to support the argument.
.And my family is a highly educated one, if you go by degrees and certificates. (Thanks to my education, I have a few very good Muslims friends) Similar things happen in Muslim households. The hatred thus infused and supported by masses takes the form of riots at the slightest of opportunities.
I think as our economy will grow, standards of living will improve, literacy will go high and people would be busy in other meaningful pursuits and gradually with the passage of time such problems will wither away. I am sure our great grandchildren would laugh that their forefathers fought on such pity issues.


No comments:

Post a Comment